Welcome to my website. I’m glad you’re here.
As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, I work with couples who looking for a healthier relationship.
My practice focuses on the following:
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Relationship communication problems
- Conflict resolution
- Intimacy issues
- Affairs and other serious breaches of trust
- Navigating important decisions
- Parenting issues
There are few things in life more painful than feeling stuck in a relationship that is unfulfilling at best, and miserable at worst. And yet there is so much hope that things can truly be better. There IS a way out of the constant conflict, painful disconnection, and lack of understanding so many couples are struggling with.
All relationship problems have underlying patterns that can be understood and changed. By understanding the problem, we can find the solutions. We can make changes that lead to lasting connection, intimacy, trust, and the ability to resolve conflict without feeling torn apart.
I work with couples who are often asking themselves the following questions:
- When do we give up and call it quits?
- How can we feel closer?
- Why do we keep having the same fight with no resolution?
- Will I ever get my needs met?
- Will I ever be enough for my partner?
- We love each other, so why can’t we just get along?
- How do we navigate important life transitions together?
- What’s the secret to a healthy relationship?
- How can we stay connected when we disagree?
- How do we balance each others’ wants and needs without building resentment?
- Why doesn’t my partner respond to me in a way that feels right?
- Can we heal after an affair or addiction?
- Is it possible to find trust again?
- How do we parent together when we sometimes see things so differently?
- How can we manage step-family and/or extended family issues?
If you can relate to any of these questions, it might be time to seek help. Your relationship is worth it, and so are you.
Julie Menanno, MA, LMFT, LCPC